Monday, July 16, 2007

Ratiocination...

What a big word.

Let me start out by saying that my greatest weakness is teaching students how to revise. I get so frustrated with teaching them that I often just ended up editing them on my own. (Wrong, I know!) So, this article is wonderful for me.

On top of that, I'm a visual person, so being able to use this technique would be wonderful as a writer. I could also easily teach it because it makes sense to me and should be an easy strategy to teach. Kids are always itching to get their markers out, so this would increase student interest, too. (At least the first few times!)

I think this would be really fun to introduce in context with the mystery genre. We could go all out with this and take it to an extreme with lots of emphasis on hunting for clues.

No comments: